Friday, September 23, 2011

Introduction

My name is Brenda. I have been married to my husband for just about 19 years. We are the parents of nine children - M (b,18) C (g,15), K (g,12),  J (b,11), K (b,9), L (g,7), J (g,5), S (g, 2), and a baby that is due in Feb.

Faith plays a very important role in our life. We attend Church every Sunday, where we both have 'callings', (volunteer positions), and we bring the children to midweek and monthly activities as well. Though we started our marriage with my husband Catholic, and myself nothing, we are now both members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. We converted fairly early in our marriage, when my oldest son was just two, so we have had the chance to teach them all from the time they were little, about a loving Heavenly Father, and their Savior Jesus Christ.

We are a homeschool family. We started when my oldest was in the first grade, and then continued for the next four years. When we moved to a town with a better school system, the oldest four were all curious to try it out. After a year and a half, our family decided that we preferred homeschooling, and so they all came back home the next school year. We had our first graduate last year, and he is currently working to pay for the university classes he takes, as well as saving for his mission in a year.

There is so much more that I cannot wait to share, these are just tiny glimpses for now to introduce our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment